cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently tried registering my sim card to the 48 network. I wasn't aware at the time that getting an unlock code for my phone takes (in my case) a week or more. 

I transferred my number and now I have no service on my phone for at least another few days. 

I'm just wondering is there any way I can stop the transfer of my number and receive coverage on my phone for another few days... until I switch to the 48 network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable
Im afraid there's no way of stopping a number being transferred, as legally you have ended your contract with the previous network provider.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

Anon
Not applicable
Im afraid there's no way of stopping a number being transferred, as legally you have ended your contract with the previous network provider.

Anon
Not applicable

Ok thanks anyway!

stevo1508
Newcomer

im trying to transfer my number so i kan keep my old one but anytime i click get security code it just says message sent to phone but i dont get any message HELP please

Are you sure that you have your old operator's SIM in your phone so that the text to your old number can be received?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi i want to transfer my number but I don't have my old SIM card to change it so I contacted my old providers about getting a replacement sim and they gave me my account number and told me u could use that instead. How can I do that?

The standard porting form requires you to get the security code to your old number/SIM. If that's not possible - as in this case - then I think you need to log a support query to see if 48 support can make other arrangements for porting your number:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JinoT5712
Newcomer
im trying to transfer my number. But it's failed. Can you resolve the issue

@JinoT5712 wrote:
im trying to transfer my number. But it's failed. Can you resolve the issue

See here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Getting-Started-Move-Your-Number/ta-p/53100

If that doesn't help then you'll need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com