Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting Started - Move Your Number.

Started ‎21-04-2020 by
Modified ‎22-05-2020 by

Can I keep my Number? 

Absolutely, when you’re activating your SIM you’ll have a choice to move your number to 48 or select a new number from us. 

Quick Steps. 

1. Go to Move my number page 
  2. Pop the number you want to move to 48 into the box and hit “get security code”. You should receive a text to that number within 15 minutes. 
  3. Select the account type (see ⬇️ for account types) & enter security code you received by SMS. 
  4. Have a quick read of the T&Cs and then hit “move your number”. 

Just a Heads Up  

• We want you to be up and running as soon as possible so do make sure your phone’s unlocked.  
  • Your 48 SIM must be active already. 
  • You must have your old network’s SIM in your phone as you’ll get the security code from us to your old number. Don’t put your 48 SIM in your phone yet. 
  • We’ll need to know the type of account you had with your old network. 

Bill Pay: If you paid your bill monthly with your old network. We will need your old bill pay account number (If you’re not sure, just give your old network a shout) 

Prepay Registered: pay as you go with your old network and they held your personal details 

Prepay Unregistered: pay as you go with your old network and they didn’t have any of your details.  

What if I select a new number but then change my mind?  

We’ve got you covered, if you change your mind you can still move your existing number to your 48 SIM, just visit the move my number option in the settings of your My48 account.  

What if I had a Business account or a Family plan with my old network? 

For this type of account there’s more than one number on the account so to make the move easier for you, select a new number temporarily from us first. Then just get in touch with our Care Crew with your 48 details we’ll start the move for you. Have your bill pay account number to hand and we’ll look after the rest.  

Are there only certain hours I can move my number? 

Yes, all networks work between the below hours for moving numbersOutside opening hours, you can still submit your request, but the clock won’t start until the next morning. If you submit your move during transfer hours, it will take up to 3 hours.   

• Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm (except Bank Holidays) 
  • Saturday - Sunday 10am - 4pm 

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Contributors
Article Dashboard