cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling another roaming phone while abroad

Anon
Not applicable
Hi. If I have roaming and call another ROAMING phone while abroad dose this count as calling an Irish mobile? We're going to spain but I just need to be able to call the other roaming phone, Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

If you call an Irish number while abroad you will be charged the rate for calling an Irish number whether the person is abroad or not, As far as 48 is concerned it is an Irish number so you will be charged the Irish rate. As you are going to spain I would recommend getting the EU Roaming add on:

Roaming calling add-on (includes):€3.50
Making calls and calling your voicemail15 minutes
Receiving callsFree
Roaming text add-on (includes):€2.00
Sending texts25 texts
Receiving texts

Free

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

Anon
Not applicable

That's a good question... I'm not really sure! I'd say the best thing to do is just do a test! 

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

If you call an Irish number while abroad you will be charged the rate for calling an Irish number whether the person is abroad or not, As far as 48 is concerned it is an Irish number so you will be charged the Irish rate. As you are going to spain I would recommend getting the EU Roaming add on:

Roaming calling add-on (includes):€3.50
Making calls and calling your voicemail15 minutes
Receiving callsFree
Roaming text add-on (includes):€2.00
Sending texts25 texts
Receiving texts

Free

Just to be clear - if you are on 48 and abroad roaming and call another Irish mobile which is also roaming then this will not be covered by your membership mobile calls. If you have an EU roaming calls add-on (and both of you are in the EU!) then your call will be covered by that add-on (up to the limit of the minutes available on the add-on). If not or the roaming add-on gets used up then you will be charged the normal roaming rates for calling an EU number:

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

Making calls and calling your voicemail*29c
Receiving calls*8c
Sending texts9c
Receiving textsFree

The recipient of the call may also be charged depending on their operator and tariff.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Your post is blank.

Did you mean to post a question?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I have purchased roaming text for trip to Spain. Will Irish recipient be charged on receiving texts from me.

Not if they are with 48 whether they are also roaming abroad or are at home in Ireland.

Almost certainly not if they are with any other network and are at home in Ireland.

Probably not if they are with another network and are also roaming abroad but they would need to check with their operator to be sure what charges apply when roaming.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks.

AbdulrahmanA2296
Newcomer
My sim does not acctive in the uk