cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive calls or texts.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi 48, I paid my membership 3 days ago, and I am unable to send or receive calls or texts since then. My calls just hang up and my texts seem to be stuck on "sending". I have full coverage and so do the people who I have tried to call. Can you please try help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds odd.

What does your online account say about your membership status and expiry date?

Does the number displayed on your account look correct?

To be honest you probably need to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds odd.

What does your online account say about your membership status and expiry date?

Does the number displayed on your account look correct?

To be honest you probably need to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

You'll need to provide more info.

Have you just joined 48?

Or was it working before now?

Do you get any signal?

Can you see any networks at all when you scan?

What make/model of phone?

Is it unlocked for use on all networks?

Edit: in this post 

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/cant-make-calls-or-text-and-have-membership-paid/m-p/41162

you say that you can't make calls or texts but here you say you cannot connect.

Which is it?

If you can get a connection but can't call or text then perhaps you have simply used up your monthly allowancces and need to buy add-ons to tide you over to the end of the membership month when a new membership can start and you get that new membership's allowances?

Hope this helps.

jkenny
Visitor

I have just bought €2  on EU roaming texts. I want to send a text to a French mobile but it does not work?  Just wondered what the problem is?

EU roaming add-ons are for when YOU are outside Ireland and roaming in the EU - not for calling/texting EU numbers when you are still located in Ireland.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

"You may use your EU Roaming add-ons for making calls to or sending texts to the Republic of Ireland while in EU Countries only. For details on eligible EU countries click here. You may not use your EU add-ons for calls or texts to international numbers, premium rate numbers, non-geographic numbers or Directory Enquiries."

So if you are not travelling outside Ireland to the EU within the next month then you have wasted your money I'm afraid.

To text an international number you need cash credit on your account (25c per international text) and you need to use the correct prefixes (e.g. +33 <number> for a French number).

Other call charges

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op... 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

rani123
Newcomer
Hi 48, I paid my membership 3 days ago, and I am unable to send or receive calls or texts since then. My calls just hang up and my texts seem to be stuck on "sending". I have full coverage and so do the people who I have tried to call. Can you please try help me

What does your My48 account page say about your current membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?

Does it list any "next" membership in the Membership Planner section?

https://www.48months.ie/my-48

Hope this helps.

Any update @rani123?