cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't messages to 5**** numbers send?

Anon
Not applicable

Hi there,

I tried to send a text to a 5**** number today, it was a free number but I still had credit in my account and it still would not send. Any reason for this?

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. 48 does not allow sending texts to PSMS (Premium SMS) numbers such as 5XXXX. The only alternative that I know of is to find another way (e.g. email address, phone number) to contact them and ask them to stop. That's what I had to do with one or two such numbers. Otherwise your phone may have a way to blacklist/block such texts locally.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20

@JasonF1048 wrote:

Is there any way this could be an optional thing that we can toggle on the website, having it set to off by default for new customers?

48 haven't supported premium SMS 5xxxx numbers since they started years ago. I doubt that that's going to change any time soon. But you should ask 48 support in case they know of any plans to the contrary.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.