cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation and port number request stuck

MarcoG1780
Newcomer

Hi,

I activated a SIM card last Monday and requested to move my old number to it. My old provider has quickly decommissioned my account after the port request but 48 didn't manage to activate the SIM card (with the free 1GB data) and didn't complete the port request yet.

I'm currently unable to use my number and the 48 SIM doesn't register to any mobile network. Support says that this issue may take 3-5 days to be resolved against the 2-3 hours declared in the guide.

I've already configured the APN on the phone.

Has anybody got the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The APN has nothing to do with the number porting issue.

You will just have to keep in contact with 48 support to get this issue resolved.

Nobody here on the community forum is going to be able to do anything to speed it up unfortunately.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The APN has nothing to do with the number porting issue.

You will just have to keep in contact with 48 support to get this issue resolved.

Nobody here on the community forum is going to be able to do anything to speed it up unfortunately.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

So, my SIM card was eventually activated on Friday with a different temporary number. I was then asked to send another port request to move my old number. However, this morning I found out that my old number was actually ported but my account had some strange issues that didn't allow me to login. Support fixed it and now I have full access and the old number finally working. The whole process took an entire week long, 2 customer support to follow up and so much patience that Gandhi can only be jealous about.

JezorZ9393
Newcomer
This is the worst network ever. For every little thing you need to contact customer service. Which is not easy. Amswer 100 questions and wait. And I recomendet it to a friend. Reward not received obviously. Just FU48! I go elswhere.

AnolSunnyT7971
Newcomer
Hi I'm unable to port my old number to 48

Why? What happens when you try?

Did you submit a porting request?

Did you enter the correct account details?

Did you receive the security code to the number using your old carrier's SIM?

Is that SIM still working?

Did you read this?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Getting-Started-Move-Your-Number/ta-p/53100

Hope this helps.