cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant receive incoming calls for one number

renefoody
Newcomer

I cant receive calls from one vodafone number. All other numbers are fine. The other person checked with vadofone and they said the problemis 48

14 REPLIES 14

Firstly, Renefoody, apologies for hijacking your thread but there are similarities to our problems....

We finally got somewhere, it's not fixed BUT, Eir has on the 6th call to them acknowledged that the issue is with them. Tip of the day: Ask for Martin at Eir tech support :-), he was able to tell me within 10 sec that there are some issues with the voice profile and it's currently with Open Eir. These guys all have access to the same testing programs etc. but this shows, it really depends on who you get....

To be continued....

This has now been resolved.

It was an issue with Eir, or more specifically with Open Eir. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find out what the issue actually was as I've been dealing with Eir tech support from day one and you never really get to speak with Open Eir.

Anyway, it took about 10 calls to Eir to get it resolved and we believe this problem first occurred when the mobile number was ported over from Eir to 48.ie, hopefully, this will help someone else, experiencing the same issue.

Over and out....

PaulaT4046
Newcomer
Have this exact issue with Eir numbers trying to call me. My son’s school can’t reach me from a landline and his dad can’t reach me from his Eir mobile.

I hope it doesn’t take 10 calls to get this sorted. My son has additional needs, I’m a single parent and I can’t be out of reach or contact all day. I don’t want to give up my number because so many services have it and I will never get a hold of all of them.

@PaulaT4046 wrote:
Have this exact issue with Eir numbers trying to call me. My son’s school can’t reach me from a landline and his dad can’t reach me from his Eir mobile.

I hope it doesn’t take 10 calls to get this sorted. My son has additional needs, I’m a single parent and I can’t be out of reach or contact all day. I don’t want to give up my number because so many services have it and I will never get a hold of all of them.

You should contact 48 support about this as soon as you can.

See the link in my signature below.

If you decide to move from 48 to another provider then you won't lose your number if you port it over.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

GeraldD2476
Newcomer
I have the same problem.Iwas with eir and ported my number over can't receive any calls.. Message says ( The Person you are calling is not available right now) only two people can get through one on Tesco mobile the other on 48 .. no-one else..48 surport told me to order a new SIM so we will see what happens then