Did you mean: 

Sim not registered

colm02
Visitor
My phone keeps telling me my sim not registered on network. Whats the problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colm02
Visitor
Iv been a customer for a few years using the same Sim and it just wasn't been recognised by the network. I took the Sim out and cleaned it and that seemed to work

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

More info needed...

Did it ever work?
Or are you new and just getting set up on 48?

If it worked before did anything change on your phone - e.g. settings changes, software update etc.?

Have you tried switching off, taking the SIM out, gently cleaning the contacts, reinserting it, switching on and then manually scanning for networks?

Can you see and connect to 48?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

colm02
Visitor
Yes its sorted. Thank you for your help.

What was the problem and solution?

It may help others in the same situation.

colm02
Visitor
Iv been a customer for a few years using the same Sim and it just wasn't been recognised by the network. I took the Sim out and cleaned it and that seemed to work

OK - thanks.

That's odd but maybe the phone got a knock and the SIM got nudged out of position so that it was no longer making good contact or something?

colm02
Visitor
No phone didn't get a knock. Its not the first time this has happened but very rare

Maybe you should try a replacement SIM?

All you need to know about SIMs

Did you contact 48 support about it to see if they can explain why it happens?

http://www.48months.ie/help#contact-us

Hope this helps.

colm02
Visitor
No but i will apply for a replacement sim thanks