cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon USA Unlocked but wont work

tonyhead
Visitor

I have a HTC (M8) unlocked from from Verizon USA. It recognises O2 Sim, Three Sim but fails to recognise 48.  Anyone have any idea for solution?

29 REPLIES 29

1amcn
Rock Star

Any Joy?

Meanwhile, a rocking sim tray is common in these devices, longshot here, but back to basics... Remove sim, wipe gentley, reinsert, power cycle and see if that works...

Thank you 1amcn for your support with this.  I'll try your suggestion of wipe.

Tried two 48 Sims and they were both around since Feb/Mar. No joy with either.  

And yes other two network sims had full functionality.  When I insert 48 Sim,  phone does not read/recognise SIM at all.  I'll try a bit of TLC!!  Nothing lost by getiing new SIM either.

Chatted with 48 agent but suggestion was it might be on Verizon side.  

Thanks again 

Tony

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Tony

Glad you are making headway, maybe if you get to the bottom of what the issue is, you might pop back here and update?

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star
Hi T

I'm also really curious about this, hence i am still around!

As for the input given by Verizon etc, and the fact they shorted out on the probabilities by suggesting a very odd APN theory, well, I don't know what to say...

I also still believe it's down to the 48 Sim...in some format.
I don't think any other scenario fits the complaint.

Keep us posted, so to speak!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Many people having similar problems here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/374584-verizon-htc-one-m8-sim-card-error.html

😞
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star
Hey T

If it were me, before the white flag, I'd order another 48 sim... It's at no cost so no harm to try... The last sim I had from 48 brought up Tescos APN settings randomly... Yet i had to add the 48 APN manually, I believe I wasint alone in that circumstance...was no harm by it being there mind 🙂

My phone also shows a Tesco APN when the 48 SIM is inserted so I had to manually configure and use a 48 APN.

I think that this is a result of the phone misidentifying the carrier and using some info that it has baked into its ROM.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star
Ah, What a pity to hear the new 48 Sim wasint recognised either.

Tremendously frustrating...

Sad to relate that it beat me.  Took it to an repair shop in moore street - three shops actually.  No one could help.  Decided there was nothing to lose by trying to Root it.  No success.  Tried a company in US which declared that they could Root anything - they said rooting not necessary cause the phone worked fine with other networks.  So I decided that if it worked on other networks thats really where it should be.  So its zinging along happily on Three as I type here.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Beats me too unfortunately... 😞