cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5

Anon
Not applicable
Hello , I have a nexus 5 and I do not have data access after steting up the configuration from site. All data roaming and mobile data are enabled. Pls let me know what should be the issue
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupthief
Visitor

Hi laurastr

I have a Nexus 5 too and really struggled with the APN settings

I've posted about it in another thread - found it and copied the settings below

The Tweakker app and the published settings didn't work so try this:

Install guides

SETTING_Internet
  1. Press the "Menu" button.
  2. Press "Settings" and scroll to and select "Wireless & networks".
  3. Select "More".
  4. Scroll to and select "Mobile networks" and "Access Point Names".
  5. Press the "Menu" button and press "New APN".
  6. Scroll to and select "Name" and enter Internet.
  7. Press "OK".
  8. Scroll to and select "APN" and enter48months.liffeytelecom.com.
  9. Press "OK".
  10. Scroll to and select "Username" and enter (No input required. Please disregard this step and continue).
  11. Press "OK".
  12. Scroll to and select "Password" and enter (No input required. Please disregard this step and continue).
  13. Press "OK".
  14. Scroll to and select "APN type" and enter "default"  LEAVE IT BLANK
  15. Press the "Menu" button and press "Save".
  16. Scroll to and select the new profile.
  17. Press the "Home" button to return to the main screen.

Whenever I switched sims (so, when I was in the UK and used a UK sim) the 48 APN settings were erased and I'd have to enter them all over again when I came home and put my 48 sim back in.  I got a new micro sim sent out and miraculously, that applies all the correct APN settings straight off with no faffing, so you might think about just getting 48 to send you a new sim and see how you fare

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17

Any use?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/nexus-5-internet-settings/m-p/20947#M6360

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi Musky

This is still working for me - screenshots attached

Crappy signal here so not many bars as you can see but I got some intermittent data! Works fine in other areas.  Picture messaging no worky but that is not a problem for me.

Screenshot_2014-02-27-11-27-10.png  Screenshot_2014-02-27-11-23-21.png  Screenshot_2014-02-27-11-23-28.png Screenshot_2014-02-27-11-23-38.png 

Try using those settings, save them (obv), turn the phone off and on.

If that still doesn't work, try ordering a microsim (if you don't already have one).

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas

Slightly off topic but if you play around with the APN Type setting can you get MMS to work? E.g. see here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1685273

Remember that you need credit to send MMS messages (30c each).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@musky Yay! Glad it worked

@dalyer Maybe I could but it ain't worth 30 beans to me to check it, partic when there's so many more useful free ways to send pictures around

Actually, now I think about it, someone sent me a picture message months back (first one i'd received in years) and I couldn't read it, so probably that wouldn't work (I don't tend to keep cash in my 48 balance, so if having less than 30c in credit would have stopped me receiving an MMS then that would have been what stopped it working, but I'm assuming it just costs to send them). Whenever I meddle with APN Type the internet seems to stops working so i'd rather not rock the boat!

If I remember right, to configure MMS you add a second APN rather than ammending the first one - I might give that a go on the off chance that someone I know sends me an MMS by accident one day. I'll repost if it breaks the internet (guessing it won't break the whole internet - just my bit of it, so no need to worry!)

Ok, so I just got curious and added a new MMS APN (in addition to my first one, as you can see from the first screenshot below - I rebooted and happily I still have internet access on my Nexus 5!

Here are screenshots:

Screenshot_2014-02-27-14-22-57.png  Screenshot_2014-02-27-14-23-03.png

Screenshot_2014-02-27-14-23-11.png  Screenshot_2014-02-27-14-23-15.png

I can now (maybe) receive picture messages.  Will post back if I ever get one and it works (or doesn't)

Really, does anyone actually use MMS?  If so, why?

me too

For what it's worth ... you don't need separate APNs for internet access and MMS.

You can have a single one.

Mine is:

• Name: 48
  • APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
  • Proxy: Not set
  • Port: Not set
  • Username: Not set
  • Password: Not set
  • Server: Not set
  • MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
  • MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
  • MMS port: 8080
  • MCC: 272
  • MNC: 11
  • Authentication type: None
  • APN type: default,mms,supl
  • APN protocol: IPv4
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • APN enabled/disabled: enabled

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Ta. Bud...works a treat!...putty 02 signal is so poor in buncrana/inishowen....I can get E most time....but H has appeared to in certain places....ta again