Can't connect

Visitor
‎10-08-2016 07:24 PM
Hi I'm in France bought EU stuff but no joy,can you please help me I'll be here 2 weeks and can't do anything so far
Posted from Motorola XT1021
0 Likes

Re: Can't connect

[ Edited ]
Rock Star
‎11-08-2016 02:56 AM

Hi

Have you also a current membership?

Add on's etc only work if in conjunction with a live 48 membership...

Check your Membership status when you log in... If expired, you will need to purchase a membership to use your EU add on's.

Posted from Google Nexus 5
0 Likes

Rock Star
‎12-08-2016 10:49 AM
Hi

Did the reply post help? Have you service?
Posted from Google Nexus 5
0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎20-08-2016 06:03 PM

For what it's worth I was also in France for the past couple of weeks and had no problems with incoming and outgoing calls and texts. However I didn't buy any EU roaming add-ons because it's largely just as cost effective to just topup your credit balance and pay for incoming/outgoing calls and outgoing texts from that instead of buying the add-ons. (There's a small saving in outgoing calls with the add-on but it's really marginal) . I topped up by about a tenner and that got me through the trip. My girlfriend is also on 48 and things worked for her fine using the same cash credit topup approach.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
1 Like

The Legend
‎21-08-2016 02:56 PM

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎01-09-2021 10:48 AM

Hi I am having the same issues. Cannot get internet, it just keeps looping to no service. I have tried literally EVERYTHING ! So I will be switching from 48 when I return home. Cannot put up with this nonsense. I am going to get a SIM card today. Luckily I have a dual sim phone. 

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

The Legend
‎01-09-2021 12:01 PM

Does this help at all?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56352/highlight/t...

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community