cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access SIM applications menu while abroad in USA

ConstantinP2843
Newcomer

I have just flown to the US and forgot to set up my roaming in the "going abroad" SIM applications menu. Now when I try to access the SIM applications menu it is flickering constantly and when the SIM applications menu option does pop up nothing works (link to video that shows issue, its hard to describe: https://imgur.com/a/4B49ZEy).

I am on an iPhone 8+ and currently on IOS 14.5.1 (I just updated ios version today to see if that would fix the issue).

I have also tried to set the network manually from the IOS settings but that also did not allow me to turn of automatic network selection.

Also when the settings do flicker sometimes event.proximus.be pops up in the APN for mms but the data apn is still 48months.liffeytelecom.com.

Thanks and please let me know if you need more information!

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm a bit confused.

Why do you need to use this SIM Applications menu?
On Android this appears as a SIM Toolkit app but I have never found it useful for anything.

If you ignore the SIM Applications menu appearing and disappearing is everything else working OK or not?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I was following this guide: https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862 since I am not able to connect to a network here. I forgot to mention that 🤦‍♂️

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Ah ok. I see why you're using it now.
Unfortunately I don't know why it's appearing and disappearing like that.
I suspect it may be yet another Apple/iPhone complication due to the way that Apple do things.
You'll probably have to contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JohnMcC2858
Newcomer
I am in uk

@JohnMcC2858 wrote:
I am in uk

And...?

What's your problem/issue?