cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have internet access

mervue_fc4
Newcomer

I don't have Internet in my 48 i want to have Internet access how do you do it?

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do calls and texts work ok? 

Did you configure your APN settings?

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions here:

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MuhammadS8491
Newcomer

I have a similar issue. I just received the SIM this morning, put it into iPhone 8, iOS 16.3.1. Then I updated the APN Settings. Nothing changed. I tried turning phone on/off, as well as texting support.

When I text "APN" to 50048, I get (Error#701): ServerBusy.

I am able to make/receive calls and (I think) send texts. But no mobile data. Any help will be appreciated.

That's odd alright - the 50048 number was definitely working last week but I'm also getting that server busy error now too.

Did you try manually configuring your APN settings as per these instructions? 

If that doesn't help then you'll probably have to contact 48 support (again?).

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MuhammadS8491
Newcomer

Thanks for the response, I've tried manually configuring the APN settings as per the instructions:

Install guides

Internet

1. Please note that this guide only applies to the software version iOS 16 or later.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Mobile Data and Mobile Data Network.
  4. Scroll to MOBILE DATA.
  5. Select APN and enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com.
  6. Swipe up to return to the main screen.
  7. Your phone has been configured.

I've also contacted the support, twice, its been two days. Overall its been around ten days since I made the switch to 48, this seems like a lost cause.

I don't know where those instructions are from but they're incomplete.

You need to configure more APN settings than just 48months.liffeytelecom.com.

See here: 

Or here: 

I've asked 48 support why the 50048 server seems to be down and returning an error at the moment but they answered a question that I didn't ask instead so I've asked them the same question again.