cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days to port a number?

SharonH5363
Newcomer
Hey, I’m new to 48. On Friday I activated the sim, wanted to keep my old number, was told it would take an ‘few hours’ to port the number, so I went ahead and paid for the first month’s membership.
It is now Tues, I still have no service! What’s really annoying is no real way of contacting them to sort it! I emailed-they said it could take 7 days to reply, I sent them a msg on Messenger-they did get back asking me to confirm sim number, email add etc-then nothing. I cannot see any Chat option, so I literally am stuck!Anyone else having these issues?surely it shouldn’t take this long. If I had gone with a new number, would I have service immediately? I ask because my daughter might join, I won’t let her wait this long.
I think I’m regretting moving from Eir.
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You need to contact 48 support about this.
Unfortunately the chat facility seems to come and go randomly and you just have to keep checking until you can access it.
Sorry I can't be of any more help!
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The Chat facility was not appearing for me on mobile a few minutes ago but I just switched to the computer/laptop and it appears there now.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PeterB8566
Newcomer
Having the same issue yeah, manged to get in touch with the chat support and was brought through confirming my APN settings to no avail, then was just told to wait a few hours. Joined up Monday morning and bought a membership in the meantime but still no connectivity

APN settings have nothing to do with number porting issues.

Seems odd if they checked those hoping to fix a number porting issue! 

@PeterB8566  is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

Was the SIM activated OK?

Switch the phone off, take the SIM out and reseat it and switch the phone on again.

If you do a manual search for networks can you see any?

Can you see and connect to 48?

If not then is roaming/data roaming enabled?

If it is not then enable it and try again.

Do you have another unlocked phone to try the SIM in?

Hope this helps.

JezorZ9393
Newcomer
I had the same problem. Was resolved after spending ine hour on chat with customer service. Notging works the way it should in this netrwork. I am realy woried about roaming. Now strugling for a month to get my referal credit. I am about to give up and change operator.

nymphag5928
Visitor

hi ,bit late now but not sure how you managed to buy membership if the porting hadnt been processed ? the first phone i got 48 on was ported quickly but now it took a bit over a day having to contact them several times thru fb and webchat -not sure what went wrong but looks like they tried to give me a wrong number -anyway its working now except for the hotspot which was the main reason i joined and for the 100gb data -i wouldnt regret moving from eir and their cs has gone down the drain.