The Knowledge Base
The Knowledge Base
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Articles

We're here to help!

Let us help you! Here’s a one-stop shop for answering the most frequently asked questions from our 48 customers.   Overview: 1️⃣ Activating your SIM 2️⃣ Moving your number to 48 3️⃣ How to buy a plan Auto-RenewPay by cardAdding CreditGift Shop 4️⃣ A...

EmmaM7995 by Community Manager
  • 0 comments
  • 0 like

Premium rate services SMS/text short codes

Premium rate services SMS/text short codes are usually five-digit numbers beginning with 5 i.e. 5XXXX. SMS to premium rate services typically cost more than ordinary texts depending on the short code.   Currently this service is not available on 48 a...

jess_48 by Community Manager
  • 0 comments
  • 0 like

How to set up Tethering/Hotspot on your Handset

In some instances a notification can appear on some handsets to direct you to contact your network provider as you may incur additional charges for using hotspot/tethering.   However on 48 there is no additional charges for using hotspot/thethering a...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

iMessage & Facetime Set-Up

Whether you've got a new iPhone, or you’ve just joined 48 and already have an iPhone, you’ll want to set up iMessage and Facetime.   Below are some key points to help you get started, as well as some guides, just in case you happen to have any diffic...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

My48 App

My48 app is free self-service option that makes it easy than to stay in control and manage your account while on the go.    If you already have the My48 app downloaded and have auto update enabled, then your phone will look after your update...

My48 App.PNG
  • 0 comments
  • 0 like

Recruit & Reward: Earn Free Credit!

Recruit & Reward is your way of getting free credit, and yes, you read that right… Free credit!   So, if you're clever about it and have lots of friends, you’ll never have to pay for your plan again, it’s that easy!     The rewards don’t stop there...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

Flexi Data

What’s Flexi data?  For the first time ever, you have full control of your data. Spend it, save it, share it, donate it, the choice is finally yours! (We’re working on how you can twist it, pull it, and bop it too.)   How do I find Flexi data in My...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

About your My48

Where can I find you?    At 48, we live online, so all of the information that you need to know is available through the My48 website, here, and your My48 app on Android and iOS.   What’s My48 and how do I access it?    My48 is free self-service op...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

Getting Started: Returning to 48

Check out our fantastic new plan and all the great features that are built into it, we really think you’ll enjoy the new changes! And don’t worry, you’ll still recognise us, as we have the same great network and sparkling personality as before!    ...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like

Getting Started: Moving Your Number

Can I keep my Number? Absolutely, when you’re activating your SIM you will have a choice to move your number to 48 or select a new number from us. See the quick how-to video below:     It's worth noting that when you activate your 48 SIM, you can ...

• 0 comments
  • 0 like
Top Contributors