Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail setup

FionaC0595
Newcomer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FionaC0595
Newcomer
When I press 172 on my phone it automatically changes to 171. When someone one rings my phone and I don’t answer, they have to list to some guy instead saying “thank you for your call, goodbye.” They can’t even leave a message. It just won’t let me change or set up my own voicemail or greeting. So frustrating 😩😩

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

FionaC0595
Newcomer
When I press 172 on my phone it automatically changes to 171. When someone one rings my phone and I don’t answer, they have to list to some guy instead saying “thank you for your call, goodbye.” They can’t even leave a message. It just won’t let me change or set up my own voicemail or greeting. So frustrating 😩😩

I don't understand what you mean by when you dial 172 it changes to 171. Please explain exactly what you're doing and what happens. If you mean that when you dial 172 it actually dials 171 then that's something weird happening on your phone and nothing to do with the network.

Did you follow the instructions for setting up voicemail?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/How-do-I-use-my-Voicemail/ta-p/244

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

FionaC0595
Newcomer
So I sorted out the 172 changing to 171, it was in as a contact named 171, not sure how that happened.🤔But anyway when I dial 172 it’s a guy just saying “greeting menu” and then he gets cut off by the same voice saying” thanks for calling, goodbye”! So I can’t follow the steps to change my greeting as it keeps doing that and then cutting off the call. When I ring my number and let it ring out it’s just that message saying “ thank you for calling, goodbye so nobody can leave a message and it won’t give me the option to change it. I also have my work phone with 48 network and the same thing is happening when I dial 172??

Did you follow the instructions for setting up voicemail?

It's not enabled by default.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

FionaC0595
Newcomer
Yes I typed in all the relevant numbers and *and # and still my voicemail isn’t set up and it won’t allow me set it up through dialling 172??

Strange. I dialed 172 last night and it also terminated more or less immediately but this morning it gives me the menu options for recording a greeting etc. Have you tried again this morning in case it was a transient problem.