cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving picture mms

neil15
Newcomer

I received a pciture mms yesterday. when i tried to use it it said downloading. I didnt have wifi connection at the time so waited until I did. When I got home and was connected to my wifi it still said downloading. I adjusted my phone settings as found at:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Settings-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-S5830/m-p/190/highlight/tr...

The message still says downloading. Could someone help me to get it to download? It says the message expires 17:18, the 17th of June. Anyone know how to get it? 

Would getting the person to resend the picture allow me to receive it? It was sent from an iphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you have a membership or add-on that gives you data/internet access? MMS messages (or at least picture/multimedia rather than plain text content?) normally need a data connection to send AND receive/download. In most (or maybe all) cases you will not be able to send or receive MMS messages over wifi.

Google something like "download MMS over wifi" and you will see that consensus is that MMS download requires a data connection.

I think that some versions of Android (possibly custom ROMs) can possibly be tweaked to allow downloading over wifi. But I never had much success myself when I tried this.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you have a membership or add-on that gives you data/internet access? MMS messages (or at least picture/multimedia rather than plain text content?) normally need a data connection to send AND receive/download. In most (or maybe all) cases you will not be able to send or receive MMS messages over wifi.

Google something like "download MMS over wifi" and you will see that consensus is that MMS download requires a data connection.

I think that some versions of Android (possibly custom ROMs) can possibly be tweaked to allow downloading over wifi. But I never had much success myself when I tried this.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.