cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving calls while abraod

kend805
Newcomer

my don membership is paid till the end of the month.. i was able to receive calls yesterday but today i cant.. i can use my roaming texts.. shouldnt i be able to receive calls until my membership runs out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kend805 wrote:

i could make calls but my minutes are gone the last week

i am in norway

had credit but its now gone.. it was used up last night but thats the first time it used credit since i got here

Norway is not in the EU so I presume that the EU roaming texts/calls add-ons do not apply? But the price page is not that clear - it lists the EU roaming add-ons but does not explicitly list the countries that they apply to. However under standard EU roaming charges (that apply in the absence of an EU roaming add-on) it does list Norway.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

If an EU roaming calls add-on does not apply to Norway (giving free incoming calls) then you need 8c/min to receive calls in Norway.

I suspect that you cannot receive calls because:

• You have an EU roaming calls add-on but it does not apply to Norway
  • EU roaming calls add-on DOES apply to Norway but you don't have one
  • You have no credit

or

• There is some other technical problem in which case you need to contact support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

This is a process of elimination.

Can you make call's ?

What Country are you in?

Have you credit in your balance?

🙂

i am in norway

had credit but its now gone.. it was used up last night but thats the first time it used credit since i got here

@kend805 wrote:

i am in norway

Norway is not in the EU so I presume that the EU roaming texts/calls add-ons do not apply? But the price page is not that clear - it lists the EU roaming add-ons but does not explicitly list the countries that they apply to. However under standard EU roaming charges (that apply in the absence of an EU roaming add-on) it does list Norway.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

If an EU roaming calls add-on does not apply to Norway (giving free incoming calls) then you need 8c/min to receive calls in Norway.

I suspect that you cannot receive calls because:

• You have an EU roaming calls add-on but it does not apply to Norway
  • EU roaming calls add-on DOES apply to Norway but you don't have one
  • You have no credit

or

• There is some other technical problem in which case you need to contact support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

As you suggested - you should still be able to receive call's since you have monthly membership.

See below:

EU Roaming -

EU roaming calls/text add-ons cover calls/texts to all international numbers and Irish numbers

You can buy more than one EU roaming add-on  in advance if you need more minutes and texts

You'll get a text when you have used up your roaming add-on allowances.

If you use up the 15 minutes you get with the EU roaming calls add-on you can still receive calls for free for the add-on month.

If you've used up the add-on allowances then your outgoing calls/texts will be charged from your credit balance.

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Again.

This need's some attention from 48 support... log a ticket using the link below:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hopefully you will get sorted soon!

🙂