cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number transfer problem

hazwanrahman
Newcomer

Ive applied for number transfer and it is already almost 3 hours . I cant contact the call centre since my previous provider sim card has no balance. Is there a way I can confirm or get info on the process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There is no way to call 48 support even if your phone was working - all support is electronic.

If it's taking more than 2 hours to port your number then, as it says here, log a support request to ask 48 what's up.

How do I keep my old number?

Did you fill in the porting request form, enter the correct details (number, security code sent to your old SIM/number, contract type and registered/unregistered)?

Did you get any errors?

Can you log into your online account? If so what does it say? What number is listed?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There is no way to call 48 support even if your phone was working - all support is electronic.

If it's taking more than 2 hours to port your number then, as it says here, log a support request to ask 48 what's up.

How do I keep my old number?

Did you fill in the porting request form, enter the correct details (number, security code sent to your old SIM/number, contract type and registered/unregistered)?

Did you get any errors?

Can you log into your online account? If so what does it say? What number is listed?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi, I tried to transfer my number while ago but I think I may have selected that my number was pre-paid and not registered when I should have said that it was pre-paid but registered with my old network, I then got the email to verify my email address which I completed but it is not showing my number but what appears to be a new number...can someone help me please?

Is the number displayed on your account an 089 number?

If so what happens if you put the SIM in and call that number?

If it rings then the SIM is up and running.

Thereafter you can port your old number over but if you already tried this and it has not happened or gave errors then you'll need to contact 48 support for assistance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying...still a little confused!! Can you explain how I would then port across my old number?

Thanks!

Anon
Not applicable

If your 48 SIM has the 089 number still active on it, then you port over your old number by following the instructions on this thread: http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-keep-my-old-number/m-p/18

Thanks Adam, only thing is I did do that already but it still gave me the 089 number, do you think I should go through the process again??

Thanks for your help!!

Hi eileen_michelle

Simply log a ticket with support using/clicking the link provided below:

Ask them to switch over to the number you wish to be on, They will sort that out for you.

That's all that's needed here!

http://48months.ie/help/ask-agent

Smiley Happy