cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old & New Sim No Service iPhone 5C

ethanb
Newcomer
I Recently got a new iPhone 5, I unlocked it and popped my friends Meteor sim in it and it worked perfectly yet when I popped in my old 48 sim that I cut I was getting no bars and I still had 3G so I got a Replacement iPhone 5c Sim And It's The Same Thing No Service But I Have 3G it's been like this for the bones of a week now and I need it fixed fast as I have important calls coming in this week, I have been with you nearly 3 years I think and have had no problems whatsoever up until now, I Really need this fixed ASAP Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What do you mean no service but you have 3G?
When you search for networks can you see and connect to 48?
You may bed to put a small amount of cash credit on your account as once off iPhone activation on some networks can be required and this needs a UK SMS which gets sent automatically and costs 25c.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
"Need " not "bed"...
Stupid Android auto corrector... 😞
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

ethanb
Newcomer
I have the 5 Cirlces next to the 48 on the top but all 5 of the circles are empty as in no reception yes 48 comes up in the settings and I chose it and its still the same, the 3G icon appears next to 48 I'm the top left of the screen and I can browse the internet but no one can call me or ring me and I can't ring or call them either an I have the €10 deal so it should work, its not a fault with my phone its a fault with ye and I want it fixed fast

Just to check - you're sure you're not on wifi when browsing the internet?

And it's definitely accessing the internet using the 48 carrier data connection?

It would seem odd that the carrier data connection would work but calls/texts did not.

iPhones are hassle on networks such as 48 as they may need (automatic) activation which needs cash credit to cover the cost of the 25c UK SMS that this requires. This is an Apple issue and just the way that they insist on doing things unfortunately. Man Frustrated

Did you try doing that, switching off/on again and waiting for a bit as this activation process can take a little time?

Unfortunately exact details of how the process works and when it kicks in are hard to come by.

I don't work for 48 but am trying to help.

But you might be better off contacting 48 support if my suggestions don't help.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

Did you get anywhere with this?