cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving O2 texts

ian_b
Visitor
Hi guys. 48 has worked fine for months, but over the last week or so, Ive barely received any texts from O2 numbers. All other networks have no issues, but I get barely any texts from O2 numbers, if at all. Yesterday I got about 100 texts from someone who'd been trying unsuccessfully to contact me for the week. Now its back where Im not receiving the texts again. I've been assured that my texts from 48 to O2 are going through. Mostly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fixed it! I deleted all my conversations off the phone and it started working properly again. I suppose it was just too clogged up with old messages that it couldn't receive new ones.

Thanks for all your help guys.

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I think you'll have to log a support request to get 48 support to look into this for you:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Ian_b

Interesting query... i have not seen an issue about text's being delayed quite like your's on the forum!

What i have seen though, is failed text query's & these are an easy fix, & may work in your case.

It's usually down to overloading the message box - By putting a default setting on the message box to clear old message's once a certain number is reached, seem's to work well.

Of course, this depend's on your handset... if the problem you have continue's, either check message setting's for the default message clear, or scroll through message's and deleate where necessary and see if it resolve's.

Or try 48 sim in a different handset for a few hour's ... see if the message's arrive on time then.

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Answer post's crossed!

🙂

Similar problem here except with Meteor...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Not-receiving-text-messages-from-the-meteor-network/m-p/13...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again.

Just a follow up on the text Delay issue you had.

Did you find a fix for the issue? What was the problem found to be?

Can you Post back & let us know how you got on after...

🙂

ian_b
Visitor
Im still having trouble with it. I get maybe one or two O2 texts a day, which is very frustrating. i've gotten onto the 48 support and they've suggested it's either the SIM or the phone, and that I should try a couple of different methods to see which one is the problem. Im working on fixing it now, but if none of the fixes work, I may have to get a new sim or phone. Which is doubly frustrating because I only got this phone about a month ago.

1amcn
Rock Star

I see...

Personally, Whatever plan of action that is being undertaken right now (changing/looking at handset setting's) if i was in a similar position - i would give it an acceptable time limit to see improvement's, then order a NEW 48 sim (not a replacement-very important) while logged out of 48 membership page & try that approach.

Do not consider a factory reset... in some handset's (like Samsung) that have been network unlocked - factory reset can mess it up.

Don't be disheartened, If it is only a New Sim you require, it's not too much hassle - it would mean a couple of day's wait for it's arrival, & then logging a support ticket for the Agent's to whip over your account detail's and/or ported number to new Sim.

🙂

I tried my SIM in a different phone and I got three test messages, plus a few old ones. I'm now fairly sure it's my phone, but I'm not positive.

1amcn
Rock Star

I wouldn't be utterly convinced either - to be honest, the crux here is the answer to this question - had you issue's receiving 02 text's etc on the handset before switching to 48...

🙂