cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving O2 texts

ian_b
Visitor
Hi guys. 48 has worked fine for months, but over the last week or so, Ive barely received any texts from O2 numbers. All other networks have no issues, but I get barely any texts from O2 numbers, if at all. Yesterday I got about 100 texts from someone who'd been trying unsuccessfully to contact me for the week. Now its back where Im not receiving the texts again. I've been assured that my texts from 48 to O2 are going through. Mostly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fixed it! I deleted all my conversations off the phone and it started working properly again. I suppose it was just too clogged up with old messages that it couldn't receive new ones.

Thanks for all your help guys.

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14

1amcn
Rock Star

To add to comment above, i correct my previous assumption, as i see you have been on 48 since June & you mentioned using your current handset for at least a month trouble free... Yet the text issue has only just recently began.

Again - it's not an open & close case that it is the handset to me.

🙂

Fixed it! I deleted all my conversations off the phone and it started working properly again. I suppose it was just too clogged up with old messages that it couldn't receive new ones.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Glad you got sorted. Pity the phone didn't give you some sort of warning that it could not accept any more texts. And why was this specific to texts sent from O2 - or was NOT the case after all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Great that's sorted for you.

It was my initial thought of what was wrong - at least in the future, if you have a similar issue you know it's a blip and a very easy fix!

🙂

aifecon
Newcomer
There is an issue agsin with sending and receiving texts from Vodafone network