cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from the meteor network

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

Is anyone elese experiencing this problem?

It happened to me since this afternoon. I've tested with 2 meteor numbers and neither worked.

The meteor phones were able to receive my texts and they were able to send texts to other networks.

I'm in the south dublin region (if its regional)

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Hmmm - this person had the same problem except with O2...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Not-receiving-O2-texts/m-p/13781#M4209

You should probably log a support request to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi!

Follow up on your query/Post...

Did you get any answer's to this from the Agent's? Interested as to what happened & what the fix was (for future reference).

Can you Post back and let us know how it went?

🙂

Could the problem/solution here be the same as the one in this link?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Not-receiving-O2-texts/m-p/14133#M4354

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi,
The problem seemed to resolve itself the next day. I never got a technical explanation as to why it happened. Ill try follow it up with tech support. I am still not sure if I received all my texts.

@ozzieb wrote:
Hi,
The problem seemed to resolve itself the next day. I never got a technical explanation as to why it happened. Ill try follow it up with tech support. I am still not sure if I received all my texts.

Hi

Really Appreciate you posting back on the forum, and glad it has resolved, if it should occur again, try erasing old message's to see if it make's any difference.

Smiley Happy

Anon
Not applicable
That wouldn't have made a difference (im assuming you think it's related to the amount of texts on my phone) . I tested with several phone numbers texting me. Some I had conversations with and others not. None of them came through until the next day and some text messages came through multiple times for hours. That to me is a network problem!

You probably need to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you so.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi!

I am having the same problem

Not recieving texts from two of my friends... one is on vodaphone and other on 48!!!

I talked to agent on here and they sent me new sim... 

still no changes

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

The only possible explanation for the delayed or missing texts is either the phone or the SIM.

Now there are a few things you can try here:

1- When did this start happening? If you can remember think about any new apps or software you installed at this time. Try removing them to see if that helps.

2 - Power cycle every so often. Sometimes when your phone has been powered on for a long time (which is very common) it can get tired and need a rest. If you don’t power your phone off every few days for a few minutes then that might help your issue as well, and when I say power off I don’t just mean plugging it into the charger. Switch it off completely and leave it a minute.

3 - Soft reset. A soft reset is simply cutting all power from your phone, preferably for 10 or more seconds. If your phone allows you to remove the battery then go ahead and remove the battery from your mobile phone, count to 10, reinsert the battery and power the phone back on. If your phone isn’t designed to allow you to remove the battery than simply manually power your phone off count to ten and then turn it back on.

4 - SMS Clean-up. We have seen many text message issues related to this. Ensure you have a good rid out of any unwanted texts every so often.

5 - Reset your phone settings. This might sound a bit drastic but it can work. Be careful though. If you have a Samsung phone don't do it as it will re-lock your phone.

6 - Finally borrow a friends or family members unlocked phone. Pop your SIM into it and get a few of the affected people to text you. If the texts come through then we know it's a phone problem.

This might sound like a simple problem to fix but it can be quite difficult to pin down why it's happening.

Run through those tips and one of them should work. ~ Damian from 48