cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

anicairt
Visitor

Hi, so i just changed my sim a few hours ago, and I still don't have any service. I tried scanning for the 48 or O2 network but neither are appearing, and i have taken out and reinserted the sim as well as restarting the phone. The phone is reading the sim etc but still no luck with regards to network connectivity:/ 

i know it has only been a few hours since I have changed the sim but the network not appearing in the scan has me a bit worried!

kind regards, 

aoife

20 REPLIES 20

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What networks DO appear when you scan for networks?

Do you have roaming/data roaming enabled?

Are you sure that the SIM is activated?

What do you mean you changed SIM? Did you change from, say, a micro to nano or something like that?

If so are you sure that it's associated with your existing account?

You might need to contact 48 support for more assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Meteor, Eircom and Vodafone are coming up, but that is it!

and yes, i changed from a micro sim to a nano sim - it said it was activated? when i entered in the code and stuff - i was with 48 before that as well - it wasn't a case of changing network just literally the sim card so i think it should be associated with my account? is there a way i can check that?

my data is enabled.

thanks for the help!

*and 3 mobile comes up too

@anicairt wrote:

Meteor, Eircom and Vodafone are coming up, but that is it!

*and 3 mobile comes up too

OK - that doesn't make sense to me personally so I think you need to contact 48 support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

It's not an iPhone by any chance?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

nope, its an Experia Z3

okay, I'll contact them now.

Thank you very much!

Aoife

Have you tried connecting to Three?

I doubt that it will work but in the past some people who did not see 48 could connect to O2 so might be worth trying...

I can't help you exactly but I got a new phone recently and therefore, a new sim. It was before Three bought O2 and things went well for me.  Maybe double-check your settings?  I always found it a bit fiddly typing in the new settings.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

P.S.

@ 48.  Three have an awful reputation.  I hope you stay separate from them as long as possilbe!

Thank you. It didn't work I'm afraid, but thank you for the info! 🙂

Were 48 support able to help?