cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 4 loosing network constantly

vieirajoao
Newcomer

Hi I have a google nexus 4 and it loose the signal constantly, the SIM card goes locked all the time, anyone can help?

Thank's in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Other network sims WILL work in the Nexus 4. However, ANY 48 sim card will NOT work with a Nexus 4 as there is an issue with the radio since the android 4.3 update. There is a bug which causes the phone to lose connection, run down the batter, overheat etc when using some 'virtual' networks. There is a fix written but it most likely wont see the light of day until the next major release of Android, which will probably be at the end of October at the very best.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@vieirajoao wrote:

Hi I have a google nexus 4 and it loose the signal constantly, the SIM card goes locked all the time, anyone can help?

Thank's in advance

Can you try the SIM in another unlocked phone to see what the signal/reception/behaviour is like?

Have you ever tried the Nexus 4 with another operator's SIM? If so did it work OK?

What do you mean "the SIM card goes locked all the time"?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

- I never tried this SIM in another unlocked phone, I don´t have another phone to try it.

- Yes others operatos works fine in this Nexus 4.

- When the problem occors, the SIM card goes lock and the PIN is requested.

I seems to be a SIM card problem or a configuration problem 😕

Sounds like it may be a SIM problem alright. You should probably contact 48 support about this:

How to get help

and if you need a replacement SIM see here:

You need a replacement SIM 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I am having the EXACT same issue with my Nexus 4. This could be a real bummer!

Do not tell me that! So it seems to be a compatibility problem! Or Micro SIM problem ..

Anon
Not applicable

Unfortunately it looks like we are in this boat...

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%...

Amazingly, Google know about the problem, and have a fix made for it, but dont think it effects enough users to send it out. FRUSTRATING!!!

But vieirajoao said that other operators' SIMs work OK - just 48's do not?

Anon
Not applicable

Other network sims WILL work in the Nexus 4. However, ANY 48 sim card will NOT work with a Nexus 4 as there is an issue with the radio since the android 4.3 update. There is a bug which causes the phone to lose connection, run down the batter, overheat etc when using some 'virtual' networks. There is a fix written but it most likely wont see the light of day until the next major release of Android, which will probably be at the end of October at the very best.

Sorry - I didn't read through the whole bug report transcript. It's a bit confusing since some people report problems with virtual operator SIMs, others with "real" network operator SIMs and one guy claims that there are two (separate?) problems:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=58317#c162