cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaing contacts/photos with replacement sim card

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, my phone was stolen and i know that you can maintain your number and credit when you order a rep[acement sim card but i was wondering if you can maintain your contacts and photos aswell? You see, I had some really important contacts and photos on my phone and i really want to know if there is any way to get them back??? 😮 I'd really appreciate some help with this! Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Matthew

First, please report your handset stolen to the Guardi.

In many cases, videos, photos and the likes are stored to the handset itself - if you have an SD card you can save to both, contacts generally are saved on your handset & or sim only, unless you opt to further save them on an SD card.

Obviously, no good to you since the handset was stolen.

However, if you had an Android Device, and you had a Gmail account, your contacts (may) be saved to your Gmail account...

If you synced the handset to a PC/laptop/tab at some stage, your photos may be accesable there.

Bar the loose suggestions - I'm afraid your personal data is gone with the handset, & can not be retrieved.

I hope this helps answer your query.

🙂

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Matthew

First, please report your handset stolen to the Guardi.

In many cases, videos, photos and the likes are stored to the handset itself - if you have an SD card you can save to both, contacts generally are saved on your handset & or sim only, unless you opt to further save them on an SD card.

Obviously, no good to you since the handset was stolen.

However, if you had an Android Device, and you had a Gmail account, your contacts (may) be saved to your Gmail account...

If you synced the handset to a PC/laptop/tab at some stage, your photos may be accesable there.

Bar the loose suggestions - I'm afraid your personal data is gone with the handset, & can not be retrieved.

I hope this helps answer your query.

🙂

Best way to backup contacts, photos etc. is via the cloud - e.g. Google contacts on Android, iCloud on iOS, DropBox for photos etc. Not much use to you though if you didn't do this before and your phone has been nicked - sorry...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.