cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined 6/6/16 no coverage in rural Galway WHY!!!!

Anon
Not applicable

I joined 6/6/16 from Vodafone and never had any problem with coverage and service connections. Now my phone can't even pick up the 48 network to connect to. I love having The Don package for free texts and 8gb of internet but a bit pointless having free texts without a network. I used to be on O2 before Vodafone so what is the problem here? I am switching once my package is over if it isn't fixed I will use up all the internet and be gone. I hope you can help because I switched because it was promising!

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What networks do you see when you do a manual scan for networks?
Did you enable roaming/data roaming as you may not be able to see or connect to 48 without this enabled?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Well I see meteor 3 and Vodafone as options but no 48. Do I not need a network or service connection to use 3g?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you enable roaming/data roaming, switch off, on again and search again?
If you still don't see 48 listed try connecting to 3. It may work but I'm not sure.
You do need a network connection to use data.
You also need to configure your internet/APN settings.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I configured the apn settings my internet works its the network I just have no coverage is there a way to check my address to see if it is out of range of your network?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If internet is working then you must have some coverage.
Unless you're actually using wifi?
Did you try my earlier suggestions?
Do you have any signal bars?
If not then internet/carrier data cannot be working.
You may need to contact 48 support for more advice.
I don't work for 48 myself.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update?

Anon
Not applicable

sorry no the problem is not solved, I am currently talking with an agent Emer who suggested putting SIM into a new phone but I am getting no signal anywhere.

What make and model of phone is it?

I still don't see how you could have been getting carrier data internet access if you had no signal otherwise.

You need a carrier/network signal for data to work.