cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 no network when overseas

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
Hi , me and my girlfriend traveled to germany and poland i have iphone 6 on 48 and she iphone 5 on 48 to
We bought can't even manualy select provider me and her have ios8 iphones was working untill landed any solution for this ? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
I solved the problem with help from 48 agent damian
I had to go to : settings / telephone / sim programs / when abroad / manualy select network / roaming profile
And that's it in 2 secs network bars where full 🙂

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19

Anon
Not applicable
Hi, this doesn't work. None of this comes up when I go into settings / phone. And also can't see network as carrier just dissapeared from my settings.

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
Cause you need to done that before you enter overseas
In this point you have to look at carrier to apear and catch quickly -> phone -> sim programs ......

That's interesting - I never realised that it's better/easier to do this BEFORE travelling.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
Does it helps ? Im only private user also 48 customer

I think that your tip helped a lot of people but some still complained that they could not see that option - however what you says might explain why. Hopefully the tip helps the person here having the problem. I'm using Android and never have these iPhone problems... 🙂

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
Ok , good to hear this 🙂 sorry if i spelt something wrong in english im from poland

No - it's a great tip and has helped lots of people as far as I know. Thanks a lot. 

It might be a good idea for 48 to create a key post on common iPhone issues including this as iPhones seem to suffer from issues that other phones don't.

oheatley
Newcomer
No matter how many times I try this option does not stay there long enough for me to select it. I'm already abroad so should I be going into Carrier or the Phone section of settings?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Unfortunately you just have to keep trying.
Toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying quickly may help as it may just catch the local

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
... network.