Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans for 5G on 48?

Brendanc8782
Newcomer
9 REPLIES 9

MichaelM3514
Newcomer

Why does this say Brendan is posting when it's me?

I've noticed that happen sometimes too - i.e. the wrong name appearing when I post! 

Regarding your question you'll probably have to contact 48 support as they don't generally monitor or reply to posts here.

I suspect that you will get a non commital answer as customers will only know about 5G on 48 if/when it actually happens and not beforehand.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PeterJ8834
Newcomer

Apologies, I know this thread is almost 2 years old but I wonder will 48 introduce 5G in the near future now that at least one other MNVO has (Lycamobile)?

You'll have to ask 48 support but I doubt that they'll tell you when this will happen even if it's planned.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I've already connected to 5G with 48 in Clare and Limerick. Best speed so far was 392 mb download. 31 up. Using a Poco F3 handset. 7.99 plan.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/8591460483 

Are you getting 5G consistently? Any idea how far you are from the mast? I've read on other forums that people would revert back to 4G after moving 1km or more away from the mast.

I've tried my 48 sim in a couple of 5G phones here in the Dublin suburbs and haven't managed to connect to 5G yet - the same phone will connect to 5G on both Three and Lycamobile

I get it consistently in areas where I've gotten it previously. I can't really tell about the range, but 1 km could be right. It's a nice plus, but not a deal breaker for me. Good to know that we don't have to pay extra for 5G, unlike my brother who is on 3!

The €12.99 membership plan now includes 5G.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The €12.99 membership plan now includes 5G.