cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made payment twice plan not activated

JijoM3938
Visitor
I am new customer and ported to 48. Now ended up without having access to phone or internet. Made payment twice and it says payment is successful and then it will start throwing errors. Requesting for immediate assistance.
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

Do you have a connection to the 48 network and signal bars?

What does your Transactions page say about recent payments?

Does your Buy Plan page list any upcoming memberships?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yes, Activated the SIM and used the free 1 GB data as well.
Phone was never locked so it can accept any sim.
Yes signal bar is there and can make calls to the three customer care number.
Transaction page doesn't shows any transaction at all other than the Free data and the card added.

Tried to buy plan frist time from browser, money deducted showed that the payment is successful and redirecting. Then a green loader persisted for few minutes and later at some point showed something went wrong and we will fix shortly. Raised a request to customer support they asked for proof of payment, gave them the proof, a ticket was raised.

Since I badly needed connectivity after few hours again made the payment for the second time, this time from the saved card using the app. Payment went through. It showed a pop up saying payment is successful and they have enabled auto renewal etc and soon redirected to another error page. Saying error occured access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

Now I have ended making payment twice in desperation to get connected and totally stuck without having access to internet or phone.

Maybe try calling the number on this page tomorrow to try to get this sorted out?

If you can call Three customer care (who won't be able to help with 48 issues) can you call other numbers?

What about texts and data?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I tried calling that number as well. It was asking to chat with the agents.

As I am a new customer ported from three only, My 1 GB free data is over and no more credit left as well. Since the customer support number is free phone I am able to make call to it.

It is very evident that there is some technical glitch and no one at 48 tech team is bothered or cared about the same. I can see may people posting in community with the same issue.

I am currently using a hotspot from another device.

It is very evident that there is some technical glitch and no one at 48 tech team is bothered or cared about the same. I can see may people posting in community with the same issue.

Difficult to say if that's actually the case because most people are not very clear about the details of their issue in their posts. Hence my replies with questions trying to clarify matters. E.g. lots of people complain when they use up membership plan allowances, can't make calls or use data for example, buy a new plan, and then still can't make calls or use data. Because a new plan doesn't kick in until the current one has expired. And if they use up plan allowances before the plan month is up then they need to buy add-ons or use Flexi Data to get more allowances to use the relevant services for the remainder of the plan month.

Agree.

At least for me I can confirm it's definitely a technical issue. You can never get a message like below with two buttons like logout and refresh after showing a pop saying your payment is done and in 10 mins or so your plan will be activated and we have set auto renewal etc.

Error occurred

Access to the specified resource has been forbidden

LOG OUT. REFRESH

The above one I got when I tried making the payment for second time from the app.

I guess I will have to wait till their office to open so that somone can check and get back, it is very unfortunate that I had to go through this.

> since the customer support number is free phone I am able to make call to it.

Even though it's a freephone number I'm pretty sure that you can only call it if you have an active membership so the fact that you can call it suggests that your membership may be working in spite of the errors and it seemingly not being listed on your online account. If you didn't have an active membership you wouldn't be able to call any numbers.

Ok.Again I am a new user , so there was this free data of 1 GB for 7 days and was showing a credit of €0.02. 1 GB Data got over and membership was not activated. If it was activated I should have been able to use the internet which was not the case.

Update: today morning I got my membership activated. Got an email with CAF and an sms saying plan is activated.

Since I have made two payments, Now I guess I will need to get in touch with the customer care for a refund.

Thanks for your help and support.

> Since I have made two payments, Now I guess I will need to get in touch with the customer care for a refund.

Your first €12.99 membership purchase is subject to a once-off activation fee of €12.99.

All Data* €12.99 Plan

This All Data* plan is only available to new 48 customers who order their 48 SIM and purchase an All Data* plan from the 5th April 2022. A one-time activation fee of €12.99 applies with the first plan purchase.

If you bought two memberships then the second one should appear here on your account as an upcoming membership plan to kick in when your first one expires in a month, so you shouldn't be out of pocket.