cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock sim code (text/sms)

AndrewC9633
Newcomer

I have just ported my number over and need to unlock the sim.

Haven't received the sms message with the code - how do i get one sent to my number on 48?

Also, how do i access the webchat for support, or is this it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The SIM PIN should be on the packaging.
If it's not then enter the wrong PIN several times and it will then ask for the PUK which you can get from your My48 account.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The SIM PIN should be on the packaging.
If it's not then enter the wrong PIN several times and it will then ask for the PUK which you can get from your My48 account.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks Dalyer

You are right - the code is printed on the plastic card that holds the sim.  I got confused because this isn't referred to anywhere and I thought it was something that would be in the email that confirmed the number porting was successful.

The instructions need to be made a bit more idiot proof becuase changing network provider is quite a stressful operation and clear signposting would make the task a lot smoother.

Thanks again

Also forgot to say that I also found the solution to the problem of the phone needing the sim unlock code everytime it was turned off and on again. I think you also provided the answer to that one as well - it is a feature of the phone (android) that is turned on/off in the security menu of settings. You need to know the sim code from the plastic card the sim came in (so make a note of it somewhere, or don't throw the card away)

The PIN is clearly marked on the SIM packaging/card.

You don't have to remember it as you can change it to your own PIN on the phone.

Yes you can disable SIM PIN locking and that is explained elsewhere here and in your phone documentation.

I'm not sure how SIM activation and number porting can be made any simpler.

It's basically the same on all networks.

Hope this helps.