cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid this mistake when moving to 48.

MikolajK9236
Newcomer

Hi all,

I recently joined 48 but unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as I would've hoped. Thought I'd post this here so others can avoid facing the same issues as me. 

The issue I faced was that I bought my membership first and then the next day I moved my number over. This caused issues with updating my account and moving the subscription to the number that I had just moved. It took 2 days and contacting support numerous times to finally get it sorted. So for anyone else switching to 48 I suggest you move your move number over first and only once that's fully completed go and pay for the membership.

TL;DR: Move number first, then buy membership or face major issues.

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Interesting, but that shouldn't be the case and, at least in the past, buying membership before porting your number over didn't cause this problem. I wonder if you were just unlucky? Unfortunately, issues like this seem to hit some, but not all, users randomly for some reason. I'm not sure why 48's systems seem to exhibit this sort of sporadic anomalous behaviour necessitating intervention by 48 support....?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.