Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet while on a phone call

DavidR3352
Newcomer

Hi folks,

My phone is an iPhone 13.

Just switched over to 48 and all working good except for one thing. I've noticed that when I'm on a call, my internet goes to 3G and the internet is crawling. When I end the call, the data goes back to its normal speeds.

I've tried every setting in the mobile & data page, toggling VoLTE, no luck. Anybody else experience this and if there is a workaround? Thanks a mil!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think that there's any workaround.

As far as I recall while you're on a call mobile data falls back onto 3G.

48 doesn't support VoLTE.

Maybe contact 48 support for double check that my understanding is correct and if there is any workaround.

See the links in my signature below.

Edit: oh - I see that 48 support recommend enabling VoLTE here - which doesn't make sense to me given that (as far as I know) they still don't support it!

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think that there's any workaround.

As far as I recall while you're on a call mobile data falls back onto 3G.

48 doesn't support VoLTE.

Maybe contact 48 support for double check that my understanding is correct and if there is any workaround.

See the links in my signature below.

Edit: oh - I see that 48 support recommend enabling VoLTE here - which doesn't make sense to me given that (as far as I know) they still don't support it!

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.