cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problem in Spain

EannaS0725
Newcomer
Hi, I'm currently in Spain. Have 2 48.ie mobiles. One Android and one apple. Both lost network service today, at the same time. Have tried both in various locations, that normally have good service. Reboot doesn't help. Manual network selection didn't help. Neither account is over the 10gb data roaming limit. Anyone know if there's a network problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to close this off, here's a summary of how this was solved. For about 24 hours, both phones had no service (ie not even texts & calls). Very likely there was some systemic issue on one of the networks involved, bacuse calls and texts suddenly became available again on both phones, around the same time.

Initially after service returned, neither phone had mobile data available. I had been experimenting with the SIM Toolkit app (mentioned in your link above) so it's possible I may have upset this. To restore mobile data service on the iPhone, I had to simply change the SIM Toolkit "When Abroad" seting from automatic to manual. Things were a bit worse on the Android phone. Somehow, the APN settings had been overwritten with bogus Proximus ones (I definitely didn't do this). I had to manually re-enter the normal 48.ie APN settings, and then mobile data service was restored.

One interesting thing I noticed was, prior to all of this problem, the only Spanish network our phones would connect to, was Movistar. After service came back, it was able to connect to Vodafone also.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe have a look at this thread in case it is of any help?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

Otherwise you'll have to contact 48 support for assistance.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Just to close this off, here's a summary of how this was solved. For about 24 hours, both phones had no service (ie not even texts & calls). Very likely there was some systemic issue on one of the networks involved, bacuse calls and texts suddenly became available again on both phones, around the same time.

Initially after service returned, neither phone had mobile data available. I had been experimenting with the SIM Toolkit app (mentioned in your link above) so it's possible I may have upset this. To restore mobile data service on the iPhone, I had to simply change the SIM Toolkit "When Abroad" seting from automatic to manual. Things were a bit worse on the Android phone. Somehow, the APN settings had been overwritten with bogus Proximus ones (I definitely didn't do this). I had to manually re-enter the normal 48.ie APN settings, and then mobile data service was restored.

One interesting thing I noticed was, prior to all of this problem, the only Spanish network our phones would connect to, was Movistar. After service came back, it was able to connect to Vodafone also.

Thanks for your help.

I'm just back from spain. Made the changes APN suggested as had no calls or mobile data. Phone and calls wont work since I came home today...... Please advise

My calls and mobile data stopped working when I arrived in Spain 2nd October. Changed APN settings and all good again. Same with my husband's phone. Came home tonight. Neither phone has calls or mobile data since arriving in Ireland. Any suggestions welcome. 

Have a look at these threads in case they help:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

If not then you'll probably have to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

Yet again my post appears under the wrong name.

A really annoying recurring bug with the forum... Man Frustrated

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.