on 21-04-202009:46 AM - edited on 24-11-202310:15 AM by MartaM4747
An APN (Access Point Name) is a list of settings that allows your handset to connect to your network’s internet.
As part of our ongoing commitment to improve our network experience, 48 are making some changes to our data settings that require you to update your APN settings as soon as possible to remain connected to data.
This article will guide you through updating your APN settings for Internet and MMS (picture text messaging).
Android APN Settings.
View and edit your Android Access Point Name:
You can view your APN settings in one of the following locations:
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Name OR
Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Carrier
1. Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Name
More recent Android models will list only one APN option where both Internet and MMS settings are entered together. – please see section A below if this is your case.
For all other Android models, you will see two entries, one for Internet settings and another entry for MMS settings. – please see section B below if this is your case.
2. Verify and update the EXACT APN option for your handset as outlined below – ensure to match upper/lower cases, commas and spaces etc
Note: Where a field says <Not set> leave this entry blanK
3. Make sure to save the APN settings before continuing (this can be done at the top right corner of the screen for most handsets).
4. Ensure mobile data is switched on.
5. Finally, power off/on handset or toggle on/off airplane mode to refresh your data connection.
A - Recent Android Devices with 1 APN Field
Ensure your APN settings are entered like for like as outlined below. As any typos, additional spaces or incorrect entries will result in no data connection or issues with sending MMS.