Accepted Solution

Data became about 20x slower since a few weeks ago.

Newcomer
‎22-08-2022 02:34 PM

Hello!

At my home address I used to get upwards of 220mbps with lowest dips to about 100mbps download which was amazing, and often used it for when I wanted to quickly download something. A few weeks ago it slowed down to a mere 10mbps for no apparent reason..? At another location where I got 70mbps, it slowed down to 2-4mbps aswell.

Any idea on what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data became about 20x slower since a few weeks ago.

The Legend
‎23-08-2022 09:28 AM

Wow. I'm very surprised at that.

But regardless of that test, the terms and conditions specify the contractually guaranteed speeds in section 29.

And that includes 10Mbps download on 4G/LTE.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

View solution in context

0 Likes

All Replies

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎22-08-2022 04:38 PM

It's extremely unlikely that you were ever getting 220Mbps on 48 using 4G/LTE. See section 29 here

https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#28

Such a speed would suggest that you were actually on a WiFi network using cable or fibre broadband.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎23-08-2022 01:34 AM
Nope, my home internet reaches a staggering 36mbps... Here's image proof that I used to get 220mbps+ on 48. https://ibb.co/sHT2vJp
0 Likes

The Legend
‎23-08-2022 09:28 AM

Wow. I'm very surprised at that.

But regardless of that test, the terms and conditions specify the contractually guaranteed speeds in section 29.

And that includes 10Mbps download on 4G/LTE.

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎23-08-2022 09:59 AM
I did a test this morning and somehow the speed is back?.. Even though for the past week the tests reached only 10mbps. This time I got a record high: https://ibb.co/VLQ9qs7
0 Likes

The Legend
‎23-08-2022 05:04 PM

That seems very odd to me.

I've never got more than about 20Mbps in many tests with my phone and a 4G router.

And usually far less than that.

I'm actually getting less than 1Mbps right now!

Stoneybatter Dublin 7.

Have you tried some other speed test apps/websites just to check?

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community