cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cannot get any help to port my number as it is in family

DerekMC6483
Visitor

i cannot get any help to port my number as it is in family i am told to contact an agent but there is no contact number or link i do not have twitter or facebook what can i do 

32 REPLIES 32

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That doesn't sound right.
Any time I've ported numbers for people it took less than an hour.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

still waiting ,,, very bad service , and extremely bad support in relation to email message help contact none of the links work and if they do they are totally ignored been with this porting since Wednesday totally stupid set up until someone takes charge and does a good job managing what could be a great service 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry to hear that @DerekMC6483.
That's poor form alright.
In my experience if a number doesn't port immediately (within number porting office hours) then there's a problem that needs intervention.

For what it's worth the 48 code of practice and complaints procedure are outlined here...

https://48.ie/legal/code-of-practice

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Still getting error in trying to send email directly from complaints to zendesk

The address "complaints@48months.zendesk.com." in the "To" field was not recognised. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

this is again clicking on the 48 site link which opens the email program and also when i cut and paste ,,,, really really becoming silly with this set up 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
There's an extraneous full stop at the end of the email address.
Remove it and the email should send ok.
The web page is obviously wrong if it's including the full stop when you click the link.

Hope this helps.

thank you it worked ... now to see if they read and reply to assist

@DerekMC6483 wrote:

thank you it worked ... now to see if they read and reply to assist

They won't. 

I have been emailing repeatedly over the last two weeks over an issue that livechat can't/won't resolve and not even so much as an acknowledgement from either their complaints@ or support@ e-mails. 

ComReg are now involved. 

I'd suggest you tie ComReg in too as they will require 10 days for the network to respond (or not): 

consumerline@comreg.ie

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
@PaulK1382, what is your problem in case anybody here can advise?
Or is it something that only 48 support can deal with?

@dalyer wrote:
@PaulK1382, what is your problem in case anybody here can advise?
Or is it something that only 48 support can deal with?

Basically, I had a 48 SIM from a few months back but only ported my number over after the offer period was announced.

The 100GB/€7.99 plan was not showing so I topped up €10 for the 40GB/€9.99 membership (possibly my fatal error).

Got onto livechat to enquire who told me that I was most definitely eligible for the 100GB/€7.99 plan as I only ported my number in after the offer started, they would log a ticket and get the membership activated in 3-5 days. I had to top up a second time with €10 and then €7.99 was deducted immediately in order for the plan to apply and a ticket was logged to transfer me onto the 100GB/€7.99 offer.

A week later, nothing happening, after getting onto livechat, agent #2 told me that I most definitely was *not* eligible for the offer because the SIM pre-dated the offer period starting, even though the number was ported in after the offer was announced. Agreed to refund me the €10 I was made top-up by livechat agent #1 onto my visa card.

I e-mailed their complaints@ e-mail at this point. No response from their complaints@ after 48 hours which is their stated response time in their code of practice. 

A few days later, nothing happening again, livechat agent #3 tells me they do not refund to the card, only back onto the account as credit. I follow up with complaints@ again and also include support@ in case they might respond quicker.

To date, almost two weeks after first contacting their complaints@ mailbox, I have heard absolutely nothing back from complaints@ or support@, there's been three serious and lengthy outages on the Three network affecting 48 in as many weeks, data speed is overall extremely slow and unreliable since the second outage last weekend (widely reported on Twitter) and every live chat agent tells you something different that contradicts those before so I've just passed the whole lot over to ComReg to see what they make of it.

Whatever about expecting the €10 back ("it's only €10!"), or the outages, or the slow speeds, or livechat being largely unavailable, different agents contradicting each other, to completely ignore their own code of practice by not responding to complaints is not on and I don't expect ComReg to view that lightly either.

All in all, seriously unimpressed with 48 as an operation and judging by other posts on this forum, I'm not alone.

If everything goes 100%, happy days you have a great value plan for €7.99 and I'm delighted for you, but if you run into any sort of issue at all you're completely in the dark with nowhere to go only ComReg. That's not a good value proposition for anyone.

spent one hour trying to get sorted with a lucky chance of spotting the live chat ,,,,i was told i was a Tesco client....not ...i supplied my account and phone details several times ,,, still not sorted ,,,all this started now six days ago,,, as for you getting a auto  reply i would consider you are lucky i have copies of so many messages and emails NONE of which were replied to some addresses as you pointed out on the site are incorrect , live  chat is a hit and miss ,  email complaints ...so many it is just bordering on ridiculous with absolutley NO replies,  this is not a company or service that is going to build confidence any time soon for me unless there is a drastic change, which at this time i do not really beleive will happen, i am willing to wait until later today to see what happens then i will cancel and stay with my supplier ,, dearer yes but at least reliable