cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switzerland

quartz
Visitor
Hi, I arrived in Switzerland yesterday. I have a Guido plan and an iPhone 5S. I cannot make it receive calls and texts and have no internet. On settings, I ticked phone, SIM applications and manual. Please help. I urgently need to have my phone working. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

PaulO8640
Newcomer
Is purchaing credit the only way to use mobile data in Switzerland on the 48 network?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No. Switzerland is included in the "EU" roaming.

https://48.ie/charges/roaming

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry, scratch that.
I'm not actually sure if Switzerland is included for "EU" roaming data.
And if it's not then using data will not be possible at all because 48 currently don't support roaming data other than in the "EU" (which may, or may not, include EEA countries such as Switzerland, and UK/NI).
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PaulO8640
Newcomer
Thanks very much for the reply. Switzerland isn't in the EEA either. Looks like I'd be snookered with a 48 account in Switzerland. I'm considering moving the kids phones but they'd need Switzerland for a couple of weeks a year. I suppose I could get them a SIM on another network that includes Switzerland in the EU roaming. Some networks such as Three only include it in certain plans.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry, I mistakenly thought that Switzerland was an EEA country.
Obviously not.
As such I guess that data roaming will not work there.
But check with 48 support just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

ChristianC9705
Newcomer
Switzerland is not in EU or EEA so no data roaming and higher roaming calls/texts prices (rest of Europe) just like Monaco, Andorra, Balkan countries not in EU unlike Greece/Bulgaria etc, but like Turkey/Northern Cyprus. Best check if WiFi is available at your hotel etc, you might find out if there's a deal with local Sims on local networks via staff/locals or on the net via WiFi. 3/vodafone do prepay roaming add ons which might help for short trips, especially if you have an old phone to hot-spot from!

KeepN9582
Newcomer
Roaming charges summarised here

https://48.ie/charges/roaming

Hope this helps.

No idea why my previous post appears under the wrong name.

This is a recurring problem with the community forum for some reason... Man Sad