cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switzerland

quartz
Visitor
Hi, I arrived in Switzerland yesterday. I have a Guido plan and an iPhone 5S. I cannot make it receive calls and texts and have no internet. On settings, I ticked phone, SIM applications and manual. Please help. I urgently need to have my phone working. Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Read this thread as the advice that I posted in it is relevant to your query.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Joining-48/No-signal-outboard/m-p/51681

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

quartz
Visitor
Sorry, I don’t understand your response. Switzerland is not in the EU I have since discovered. I put credit on phone but still can’t text or call. I have a young son and urgently need to use my phone. Thanks.

quartz
Visitor
I have also turned the phone off and back on since buying credit.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry, my mistake.
I thought that EEA countries were covered by Guido EU roaming but they're not.
In that case you need cash credit to pay for outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts and data will not work at all as data only works abroad when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.
If you're not getting any connection at all to a local network then it's most likely the iPhone abroad issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @quartz?
Are you getting a connection to a local network?
If not have you tried that "iPhone abroad" tip?

Hope this helps.

quartz
Visitor
Thank you. I purchased credit (€20) and my phone is now working again. Can you refund the €15 that I spent yesterday buying add ons please?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need to contact 48 support about the refund issue.
See the link in my signature below.
Just curious - what add-ons did you buy and why?

Hope this helps.

quartz
Visitor
I bought the add ons as I thought they would enable calls, texts and data outside of EU

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Which add-ons?
There are no roaming add-ons anymore.
Anyway did you contact 48 support to ask if they can refund the unused add-ons?

Hope this helps.