cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working in watch phone

AudreyH1826
Newcomer
I purchased a 48 sim for my daughter's new imoo z6 watch phone. When I insert the sim it says "SIM card unset. Insert it into a phone to unlock it" I've inserted my own Three SIM and it works fine. Is the 48 SIM not compatible? Please help. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe you need to put it into the phone and disable SIM PIN locking?

Edit: I just checked the user manual and it states that the supported operators are Vodafone, O2, EE and Three so maybe virtual operators such as 48 are not supported. You might need to contact Imoo customer support and ask them about this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe you need to put it into the phone and disable SIM PIN locking?

Edit: I just checked the user manual and it states that the supported operators are Vodafone, O2, EE and Three so maybe virtual operators such as 48 are not supported. You might need to contact Imoo customer support and ask them about this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AudreyH1826
Newcomer
I'll try that. Thanks so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

AudreyH1826
Newcomer
I disabled the SIM PIN lock and it works! Thank you so much.

@AudreyH1826 wrote:
I disabled the SIM PIN lock and it works! Thank you so much.

Oh, great. Glad that worked as it was a bit of a stab in the dark. Man Very Happy

RoryM7356
Newcomer
Hi I found this helpful too but I'm not able to get data working on the same watch phone any ideas?

You'll probably need to configure your watch internet/APN settings.

These are the 48 settings:

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53...

You'll need to check your watch user guide to find out how to configure these for your watch.