cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming down for everyone?

RyanB9740
Newcomer

I have been advised that roaming is down for EVERYONE on 48 who is roaming. Not acceptable. Is this the case for every person roaming right now?

28 REPLIES 28

IseultH1238
Newcomer

same issue for my teen in France

EdF7673
Newcomer

This is really a joke, I am in Spain and I have no phone for 3 hours, I recently moved from Vodafone and it is really terrible now to not be able to take calls, I am losing a lot of money with clients going elsewhere - what is the issue and WHEN will it be fixed??

It is showing no signal for me and my Mom here in Majorca. In the morning I still had data, so I thought it was just my Mom's phone. I made sure it was on the roaming network profile in the 48 App, restarted the phone, etc. then tried contacting an agent via the apartment Wi-Fi. After 30 minutes on hold, my phone showed no signal, so I presumed it was a wider issue and told her to end the support chat.

I am more annoyed the way the support chat has people waiting without giving a clue of the waiting time when someone will assist. Most other chat services I have used at least show the queue position or an estimate wait time in 5 minute increments, where as my mother was left waiting keeping the screen awake not knowing whether someone was about to answer until I told her my 48 stopped working.

Hopek7230
Newcomer
My sim was working fine yesterday and when i left the accom this morning it was not connecting even though it had full bars.
It kept saying no service emergency calls only and now it just says emergency calls only. The sim seems to be turnin off randomly with the 🚫 sign coming up once in a while. I tried to text my sister and it has been stuck on waiting for connection before just saying it could not be sent. I have tried resetting apn, replacing apn, flight mode, remove and putting back the sim card, turning on and off my phone, turning the sim off in the settings, changing network from manual to automatic and to manual again (international) checked my balance automated the network and also tried manually selecting different networks, updated my phone.

And nothing has worked. I tried going through the bot to speak to an agent but all they told me was that the it team is working on it but when i asked for them to elaborate on the issue they repeated the same thing that they are aware of some users having issues with roaming connectivity.
I have been going around in circles tbh and i am abroad for school in a country where the language is different and using my phone is necessary to find my way cause i wont be able to ask directions. I cant just "use local wifi" like the agent told me to because this is a city and if you dont A. Have the login or B. Ordered something or C. Paid 30€ for it, you cannot use the wifi😭

Im not in kansas anymore toto

Contacted support and got this reply:

“ Some customers are currently experiencing issues using calls, Data and text services while roaming. Our technical team is working to resolve this disruption as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.”

Looks like roaming is down, I’m also affected. You’d think they’d raise a banner to let us know to avoid spending hours troubleshooting. Guess that’s the price of going with a cheap network, useless offshored customer support!

Same, im in Nottingham and at 11pm last night the network went down, still not fixed, support gave the same message with no elaboration when they think it be sorted

Is 48 part of THREE?  I can't find them on X either, I'll be moving soon - this is the second week with issues for me connecting to data and calls - lost business today

SeanS3227
Newcomer
Was last working yesterday, currently roaming in Germany and Czechia with an iPhone 13 pro max. Made no changes. No settings changes. Tried all troubleshooting methods such as toggling international profile, changing APN settings, restarting phone. No error messages on phone.

When I say no signal, I mean no signal at all, calls texts or data, no connection.

If I do a manual search, I can find 3 networks, but unable to connect to any.

Makes no difference if I disloge the sim card. Or restart the phone. Or switch to airplane mode.

After contacting support, they gave the following message:

“ Some customers are currently experiencing issues using calls, Data and text services while roaming. Our technical team is working to resolve this disruption as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.”

Posting this for anybody panic Googling the issue to see since the useless 48 staff members and their offshore customer support is unable to raise a simple banner on their website or app to let customers know roaming is down. I now get why people give this network so much stick.

EoinK2061
Newcomer

I contacted 48 support as I have the same issue today while roaming. They said it is a "roaming network issue" and that technicians are working on a resolution. The only advice offered was to wait.

Yesterday everything was working fine, but no signal all day today.

EdF7673
Newcomer

Still no service here in Spain - really not great lads