cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Australia but no longer receiving texts

MeganP3001
Newcomer

hi all, i recently moved to Australia from ireland and i was receiving texts on my irish sim for a short period but now i am not receiving them anymore. i have purchased an australian esim and have both sims in use in my iphone settings. i have credit in my account, the line turned on, the network selection international, i have tried the various networks manually in the network selection i have service but no texts coming through. 

i tired getting on to 48 customer support, waited an hour to speak with an agent and got an automated irrelevent reply to all my messages so i dont believe i was speaking to a real person at all. 

if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There is no charge for receiving texts while roaming in Australia so you don't need cash credit on your account for that:

However you still need an active membership. 

Do you have one? 

And you'll need cash credit on your account to send texts, make/receive calls and use mobile data.

Are outgoing texts, calls and mobile data working? 

If you need to contact 48 support again then see the links in my signature below for all of the ways to contact them.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.