cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until phone number is disconnected?

aquadiamond
Newcomer

I am currently living abroad, in a country which 48 does not work in.

However, I intend to move back to Ireland in potentially 2-3 years and would like to retain the same phone number if possible as I have grown attached to it. How long can I go without purchasing 48 membership before my phone number gets disconnected?

If I top up my phone with a membership once a year, even if I don't use any of the data or send any texts, will that be enough to keep the phone number active? - I looked into porting my number to a virtual phone service such as Google Voice, but it seems to only be available to people in the US and I have not found a similar service that will accept Irish numbers

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@aquadiamond wrote:

How long can I go without purchasing 48 membership before my phone number gets disconnected?

It's about a year or more (I think it's actually 13 months) - it's tricky to figure it out from the terms and conditions (sections 7.2 and 7.3 below) but topping up once a year should be enough although you may have to contact 48 each time to ensure that the number/account is reactivated.

Suspending the 48 Services

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @aquadiamond ?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.