Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Go to your corner"

Anon
Not applicable

I get a message

"Youre not allowed to make this call. Go to your corner" 

This happens when trying to dial out to ANY irish number, mobile or landline.

I have a fully paid up subscription until March 2014. 

Can't understand this. 

I have a ticket open and said I'll have a response in 48 hours. This has been on-going since last Saturday. 

Any one got any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone had this issue before?

22 REPLIES 22

Anon
Not applicable
I think what dalyer mentioned above is a strong possibility.

Anon
Not applicable

Regarding the usage limit?

I use the phone about 10-15mins per day. And I NEVER text.

I only have the original 10er per month deal with no internet and have never purchased an internet add-on. 

If i was after breaching usage limits, surely the 48 guys would have just said rather than pass it onto the techie guys?

@frankiecarey wrote:

Regarding the usage limit?

I use the phone about 10-15mins per day. And I NEVER text.

I only have the original 10er per month deal with no internet and have never purchased an internet add-on. 

If i was after breaching usage limits, surely the 48 guys would have just said rather than pass it onto the techie guys?

Fair usage limits for the old €10 Standard membership are outlined here:

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/terms#18

Did you get a proper reply from support or just a "holding" reply (e.g. we are looking into it)? If you got the latter then the possibility of having breached the fair usage limit may still exist. However I thought that you got notified by email or text if you breached the limits...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I got a holding email.

Definitely not breaching any of those limits having read them. I'm way off even borderline. Zero texts and 15 mins a day of calls? And those would be to the same 5-10 people.

Have not received any sort of notification prior to this issue.

In that case probably not a breach of the fair usage limits as you say. But unfortunately we are guessing otherwise and it needs 48 suppport to clarify and, if necessary, fix the problem...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
That's the worse part. I've had no outbound calls since Friday. It's coming close to a week now.

The "no phone" support is really frustrating in situations like this

I agree - that's not good. I can only sympathise because I can't do much else for you. Sorry...

Wow, I was reading your post and it must have been a traumatic time for you. Did you get sorted eventually? Did they offer PTS counselling?

Anon
Not applicable

Absolutely shocking. 

48 fixed it, but I was a week without the use of outbound calls and they couldn't explain what it was.

It happened again since then, and it took them 3/4 days to fix. All the while I had a 6 month membership paid in advance.

They refunded my membership and im back to one month at a time so that I can jump ship when this happens again without being down a load of cash. 

suibhne
Newcomer

Hi,

I get exacly the same message everytime i try to call someone!

I also have a nokia with no internet so maybe that has something to do with it?

Did you find a solution?