Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Go to your corner"

Anon
Not applicable

I get a message

"Youre not allowed to make this call. Go to your corner" 

This happens when trying to dial out to ANY irish number, mobile or landline.

I have a fully paid up subscription until March 2014. 

Can't understand this. 

I have a ticket open and said I'll have a response in 48 hours. This has been on-going since last Saturday. 

Any one got any ideas on how to fix this? Anyone had this issue before?

22 REPLIES 22

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I thought that you could only buy 6 months of membership in advance? Certainly the membership purchase form only allows 6 months to be bought ahead of time.

What does your online account say about your current membership? Any chance you have used up your calls allowances and need to buy an add-on?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Current: Standard
until 11/08/2013 at 11:59pm

Next: Standard
until 11/09/2013 at 11:59pm

Have no membership issues.

I used my landline minutes, but should still be able to make mobile calls & text.

I wouldn't call or text more than the average person so can't understand this.

Can receive calls and texts, and have full coverage. Handset is same one I've been using for last year or so. It's unlocked.

Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Nope, the 48 help guys told me the tech guys were looking into it and would be back within 48 hours. But it's been dragging on now. 

I make about 10-15mins of calls per day. NEVER send texts. Only have the 10 per month deal, so no internet whatsoever. 

My phone is a basic Nokia with no 3G or internet abilities. 

OK - sorry - I can't suggest anything else so I gues it's in the lap of the 48 support gods... 

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for the help.

Alas I wait. Bit of a disaster seeing as I've paid for so many months in advance and now can't make any calls. 

Getting a  missed call is a balls altogether, phone rings, I miss the call. Can't ring back. I can't even text the person to say "Can you ring me again". 

Does "call me" work for you? Probably not if you can't send texts...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/How-to-send-Call-Me-messages/ta-p/9...

If you haven't done so already you should try rebooting the phone. Might do no good but won't do any harm...

Seems very odd that outgoing calls/texts would fail like this. If you had a spare new 48 SIM you could ask them to switch you over to it in case it's a SIM problem.

But ultimately you probably need to wait for them to get back to your support query and take it from there...

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Anon
Not applicable

Tried rebooting numerous times. 

Tried sim in a different phone. Same problem. 

Definitely something on the network side. I can receive calls after all. 

Very disappointed 😞