cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with standard membership

Anon
Not applicable

i payed my standard membership andi have been unable to call or text since yesterday. i would like this sorted asap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What expiry date is displayed on your online account? Perhaps you bought a membership which has stacked because your current one has not yet run its course? In that case when your current membership has run its course the stacked one will kick in. In the meantime if you have used up some of the services on the current membership then you may need to purchase one or more add-ons to tide you over.

Your credit balance being €0 is not surprising. When you pay for membership the money paid goes on that immediately. It does not appear as a credit balance on your account. It is used to purchase the services bundled with the membership.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/What-is-the-difference-between-membership-and...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your online account say about your membeship type/status and expiry date and mobile/landline calls, texts, data and cash credit balances?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Nike22,

I've had a similiar problem recently, I had paid my membership,  and then my calls and text were barred, with my account suspended by 48months.

They suspended my account because they said that a chargeback had been invoked and the transaction had been disputed by the cardholder....

THIS was not the case, the cardholder was my mother and she nor the bank disputed the transaction...

yet both Cathal and kevin from 48months support want me to cancel something that never happened at this end !!!

48months suport have left me with no working phine for days now, its a disgrace....

maybe keep that in mind in case you have a similar issue !!

M

To be fair there's no evidence to suggest that nike22's problem is anything to do with card payment issues. If/when s/he can post back the info that I asked about above it might help figure out what the issue is.

Alternativey s/he could log a support request to get 48 to look into the issue:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi dalyer,

Also to be fair to the customers, its not outside the realms of possibility either, as I have experienced such issues recently myself... but until nike22 gives you more info or logs a support request, we'll never know.

I just wanted nike22 to know that if s/he gets  "calls barred" on her/his phone when making a call, there is a possibility that 48months have suspened their account

Inability to make calls could also be due to having used up bundled membership calls and needing an add-on to tide one over to the end of the month when a stacked membership will kick in.

Anyway - nike22 needs to post back with some info otherwise we're all just speculating idly... Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation as Nike22. 

I bought a standard membership on the 12/7/13. On 'My 48' it tells me my membership status is paid however for my add-ons it says I have 0 texts left and 0 minutes left and that I have not yet paid either of them. My Landline minutes is as it should be with 20 miuntes remaining. My balance is €0.00 even though I have paid my monthly membership. 

Thanks in advance

What expiry date is displayed on your online account? Perhaps you bought a membership which has stacked because your current one has not yet run its course? In that case when your current membership has run its course the stacked one will kick in. In the meantime if you have used up some of the services on the current membership then you may need to purchase one or more add-ons to tide you over.

Your credit balance being €0 is not surprising. When you pay for membership the money paid goes on that immediately. It does not appear as a credit balance on your account. It is used to purchase the services bundled with the membership.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/What-is-the-difference-between-membership-and...

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. It has been fixed. Happened about 3 hours after I left this post, not sure what happened but at least it works now.

Anon
Not applicable
I have a problem with calk