Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet settings

Anon
Not applicable
I don't know why or how my internet is not working please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So - once again - what are your APN settings right now. List them out item by item. They should be under something like System settings > Wireless & networks > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > 48 and should comprise something like:

• Name: 48
  • APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
  • Proxy: Not set
  • Port: Not set
  • Username: Not set
  • Password: Not set
  • Server: Not set
  • MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
  • MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
  • MMS port: 8080
  • MCC: 272
  • MNC: 11
  • Authentication type: None 
  • APN type: default,mms,supl
  • APN protocol: IPv4
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • APN enabled/disabled: APN enabled
  • Maybe some other stuff depending on the phone and version of the software...

These work for me for internet access and MMS send/receive so if yours are different please clarify where - i.e. which specific settings are different and what values you have.

In my experience the Authentication type and APN type settings can vary a bit and sometimes what works for one person won't work for another (I think). I don't know why but that sometimes seems to be the case.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

when i go to access point names on my alcatel one touch idol mini 6012x it sais tesco mobile wap?

Anon
Not applicable
It's worked

@itss_hafsa wrote:
It's worked

Great. Do you mean that you copied the settings that I posted and they worked? Even though the online configurator and Tweakker APN settings did not? Strange...

By the way if you want MMS to work I think that the Apn type should be something like default,mms,supl. Those work for me for MMS anyway. I changed this in my previous post.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sometimes phones miss-identify carrier network names especially virtual operators such as Tesco, 48 etc.
In spite of the name does internet access work ok for you?
If not then you need to configure your settings for 48.
See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

Hope this helps.