cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every time i top up my imessage won't activate???

Anon
Not applicable

hi, so i'd top up and then my imesssage would stop working

then after a week of starting and restarting my phone it would usually work

what's the cause of this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi liamor

The issue here is that 48 is not recognised as an official carrier by Apple.
When members are trying to activate their iMessage/Facetime they get an error unless they have credit of 25c on their account.
When iMessage gets activated it will automatically try by using the user’s Apple ID which then fails because 48 are not a recognised carrier.
It then tries to activate by SMS. This SMS is sent to a UK number hence why the 25c credit is needed.
Unfortunately it appears that in certain circumstances like returning from abroad iMessage will require activation again so a further 25c credit is required.

Having enough credit for the activation is the best way to solve this issue until Apple recognises 48 as official carrier.

I hope this is informative.

🙂

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi liamor

The issue here is that 48 is not recognised as an official carrier by Apple.
When members are trying to activate their iMessage/Facetime they get an error unless they have credit of 25c on their account.
When iMessage gets activated it will automatically try by using the user’s Apple ID which then fails because 48 are not a recognised carrier.
It then tries to activate by SMS. This SMS is sent to a UK number hence why the 25c credit is needed.
Unfortunately it appears that in certain circumstances like returning from abroad iMessage will require activation again so a further 25c credit is required.

Having enough credit for the activation is the best way to solve this issue until Apple recognises 48 as official carrier.

I hope this is informative.

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

thanks a million 🙂

You're welcome!

Smiley Happy