cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate texts

bigniall1
Newcomer

niall murphy, May 27 16:10:

Why ?when i get a text message it comes on my screen twice or three times, for example i just got a text from my friend it came in 3 times ..15.49..15.49..16.00pm, it happens quite often, more often than not. its annoying as my notification rings twice or 3 times but its only one text message coming in.

So what do you think, is it a network problem or a phone problem, 
Thanks 
Niall......................

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This is like the opposite - multiple texts being sent!

Multiple Texts being sent.

Could the sender be having the same problem?

If not then you should probably contact 48 support in case there's some weirdness with your account that they can sort out.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you have been on to 48 help first, they are not sure if it is Network/or/Handset said to try the community so thanks

Niall

What make/model of phone and software version is it?

Google suggests that there are various examples and causes of duplicate texts being received.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Its a .....GT-N7100 Note2, Android 4.2.2 ......my brothers have a simular type phone and this never happens to them, so will watch and see if it improves, thanks

Are you using the stock Android SMS client or something else?

Have you tried powering off and on again or manually searching for and connecting to the 48 network anew in case that helps?

Are you actually getting the texts multiple times or just multiple notifications or the one text?

Do you know if the sender or receiver (i.e. you) are in an area of weak coverage/signal? You can check under System settings > About phone > Status > Signal strength).

Could it be this Android bug?

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14698

However others with this problem have reported different possible solutions - e.g. deleting SMS history (I presume they mean cleaning out all sent/received texts - maybe having backed them up first with something like SMS Backup/Restore?), deleting app cache etc.

bigniall1
Newcomer
No not multiple texts been sent, most definitely. Thanks...

OK - you probably need to contact support as mentioned above so.

Hope this helps.