cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't messages to 5**** numbers send?

Anon
Not applicable

Hi there,

I tried to send a text to a 5**** number today, it was a free number but I still had credit in my account and it still would not send. Any reason for this?

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. 48 does not allow sending texts to PSMS (Premium SMS) numbers such as 5XXXX. The only alternative that I know of is to find another way (e.g. email address, phone number) to contact them and ask them to stop. That's what I had to do with one or two such numbers. Otherwise your phone may have a way to blacklist/block such texts locally.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20

What number(s)?

As I said here I would be surprised if this worked unless it was getting routed through some other channel such as iMessage (if that's even possible) because as far as I know 48 simply don't allow texts to Premium SMS/5XXXX numbers.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Premium-SMS-numbers/m-p/28851#M9264

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

zwemnaar
Visitor
This is really annoying. my apartment complex car park spaces are controlled by a clamping company. In order to reserve a spot you need to txt a 5***** number. It reserves the spot for 2 days. I can't do this now because I transferred to 48.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Not much that can be done.
48 simply don't support those numbers unfortunately.

bogueinator
Newcomer

Hi,

I know this thread is quite old but just wondering have there been changes to the policy or is it still not possible to text 5**** numbers? The number I need to text is free and I have additional credit but not sure if it's still not possible or not? 

Thanks,

Amy

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No change.
Still not possible.

jdel
Newcomer
I'd like to text late late show comp to a 5**** no and try win big prize but 48 won't do this.

No - as already mentioned in this thread 48 don't support sending texts to premium SMS 5XXXX numbers.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

1. I'm the same, lve wanted to enter a few things and can't, it's a bit of a pain. I might consider moving to another network. You should be able to if you top up its your own cash.. 

JasonF1048
Newcomer

I only just found out this is a thing. I live in an apartment complex that operates a ParkByText system for when I have guests over so I can register their cars so that they don't get clamped. Tried to do it last month and couldn't, tried to do it this weekend just gone and it didn't work again. After emails back and forth with the company that does it they suggested I check with my network provider to see if they allowed text messages to premium numbers and low and behold...they don't.

Honestly this is a bit ridiculous. I can understand if it's because they're trying to stop people from spending too much money on competitions etc. but I need this for an actual, genuine uitility. All my friends switched over to 48 last year when they offered the €7.99 a month membership so we're all in the same boat if one of them comes to visit me and wants to park their car where I live.

Is there any way this could be an optional thing that we can toggle on the website, having it set to off by default for new customers?